Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Daughter to mother problem? ten points for best advice?

Sorry im reposting this! pls answer xx


okay. so first..


I auditioned for a Pantomine. And I got it (: so that takes up:


Thursday(afterschool) and Saturday + Tuesday (once near performance)


and its only the chorus, since 18+ are allowed for principle roles :'(


I auditioned for another play, Sweeny todd. i know i wont get in cuz 800 auditioned for 50 spots. but my mum go so PISSED off with me!! She said that if i got in, it would take up wednesday and then i couldnt concentrate on my studies!.. since I already have piano and hockey after schools on tuesdays, football on wednesdays .





I know i wont get in. so yeah.


Theres another audition coming up!! I really want to try it out!


But i dont know if i should, after my mum gave me a huge lecture on sunday, and i ended up crying etc etc etc!





SO WHAT SHOULD I DO??


she said i wont be able to concentrate on my academics. but i told her i can!! She said my dad and her will be wasting LOADS of money! =.=


HAI.


help!


xxDaughter to mother problem? ten points for best advice?
Why cant you be happy with what you already have ? To do what you have described properly you need to be dedicated . If you take on too much you are going to burn out and something is going to suffer. most probably your school work . The other things a great and sound like a lot of fun but you have to know your limits . You are only thirteen so i assume your mum has to do a lot of driving around getting you to and from all these activities so have you taken into account how much extra work it will be for her . another thing to consider is how much money all these activities cost . If you have other siblings take into account their intrests add to that food bills , elec and gas fuel. mortgage,basic family needs and such.so ask yourself honestly am i being selfish ?





young people can tend to forget about the costs of day to day livingDaughter to mother problem? ten points for best advice?
Your mother doesn't want you to overcommit yourself, and she's right. You have to learn to budget your time. Your first priority should be your studies.
the right thing to do is to always respect your parents.
So hard! I know as a teenager I would be auditioning all the time as I loved singing and dancing etc. But now I look back, I really let my studies slip and didn't get the grades I wanted. You only get one chance to be in school. You have the rest of your life to be on stage. I know it's not what you want to hear so, sorry about that. Also, if your parents have fleetingly mentioned money, it may mean that they are struggling financially but don't want to put too much strain on you so are using studies as a cover up for their embarrassment. I know you would rather have people say, put theatre first but in my opinion, you can study theatre whenever you want. What if you get bad grades? That then leads to a poor college education (or none at all) and then a bad job which you hate. Think about things in the long run rather than what you want now. Sorry.
I鈥檝e been in this situation so.... many times... it's really annoying+ CONFUSING! parents huh...well see if your a brilliant or just above avg. student then no problems... you wont be able to stand the embarrassment of slipping a grade.... (totally!) but if you not(like me...) you learn to compromise... will you please take it from me putting too much on that plate of yours is not going to help anyone... especially not you don鈥檛 you think you should wait a bit more before actually taking serious roles on.... because by then you would be able to concentrate on a part better than right now. I feel the same guilt when my parents tell me the same and the fact of the matter is it鈥檚 true, specially if they are eternally in a financial crisis.





*besides don鈥檛 act to fast 鈥?what happens if you get the 鈥損art then you audition and get the other part鈥? Don鈥檛 ! stop think ahead don鈥檛 let it pile up on you later.
Concentrate on and pass your exams for the moment,then you may become a wonderful performer,they just want you to keep your options open,my mother doesnt let me do anything because of school-I am with no clubs or i do no sport,i am with no theatre group and i would LOVE to act i can also sing very well,the point im making is that you are very lucky-your mother does consider your recreational needs,but now she just wants you to tone it down a little,once you get a job from your degrees or whatever you will have money to spend on such things
I've been in this situation, too. I was auditioning for plays, but I was in the orchestra pit of touring musicals. I had one that I was to play for but mom said no way because of school. I did it anyway, and she yelled at me badly. I proved her wrong by doing well in school and still did the play. Mom never let me live that down for a long time. But I did well enough in school that she really couldn't say anything.


Do what you love to do but still respect your parents. Try to get them to understand how important this is to you. That's the biggest hurdle.
  • makeup hair
  • cheap make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment