Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I HATE MY JOB. 10 points for best advice?

am 24 years old. I am an office manager for this small office of 10 employees for over a year. My job is to take care of everything in the office, inventories, supplies, correspondence, files, refreshment. I also manage 2 staff houses. I am responsible for all HR related matters. I am coordinating with finance on paying all the bills for stuff houses and office. We have 7 expats and am handling of their visa and travel schedules. I am contacting all vendors and hosting office guests. I am organizing workshops and handling a project. I am also a receptionist and answering the office phone. I successfully designed office manual and security guideline.





I recently hate my job for various reasons such as politics, unprofessional, and too much workload for me. I have 4 different bosses in the past year. The newest boss is the stupid person. She asked to do everything, but she does not even understand the work.





P.S. I earned Master's Degree and am now doing Ph.D. I constantly believe that I am deserved to be treat better with my education and talents. Although, I am young and inexperience. Sorry, English is my second language.I HATE MY JOB. 10 points for best advice?
I am surprised that the school you are getting your PhD from is allowing you to keep working like that.





Is your goal to be an office manager? If it is keep doing what your doing and back off the PhD studies for a while. If it is not then get rid of it and take a job at the school as a G.A. If your are getting your PhD through a distance learning school look for an adjunct position at a local community college while you finish your PhD.I HATE MY JOB. 10 points for best advice?
You deserve to get out of their and find a job that will benefit your talents and education. It might not be easy to begin with, but I'm sure it will be worth it, especially if you know you want it and can do it.





Good luck :)





P.S. Your English is good :)
you hate your job, then quit. you CAN make that choice.
I agree with the first person to answer. Quit.


However I would save up enough money to live on for a while before you do so.
My advice is to quit!! life is too short to be doing work that you hate!

No comments:

Post a Comment