Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Feeling hopeless again? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

It has been a long road. I am tired and burnt out. I will graduate in May. I will leave my job in couple weeks. I have been applied for jobs in the past 3 months. I have been to interviews, but no jobs offer. I am hopeless. I am very down and pressure to be successful. I don't want to walk a cross the stage without no good jobs in my hand. Please help me. I am going crazy and depressed.





***


I cannot discuss this to anybody. All people including my parents will say. ';You are smart and lucky and you will get a good job--Don't worry'; The fact is they don't know how hard I have worked to get to where I am now. I am tired and pressured.Feeling hopeless again? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Are you looking for the job in the area that you love to work in or something you graduated in? If you do the work where your passion is, you will find the right company who has the same passion as you. I love the field I am and so I do my job with passion. When I am in the meeting, senior executive management gives their full attention. No B.S.


I do not know your field of graduation. But there is a company I know from Ann Arbor, MI. I have never worked for them and I came to know of this company few days ago. This company is a software development company. Company's name is Menlo Innovations. Here is what is different about this company and why I am recommending this company for you:


1. They are always eager to hire new talent out of college.


2. They do not require experience in the kind of work you like to do.


3. All they require is: Ability to Learn, Team work, Team skills.


When you go for interview, you will have an interview togerther with other candidate(s) and you will be judged on your ability to help the other candidates get to the second interview.





For e.g. Menlo Innovations wanted to hire a person for the client interfacing relationship to sell the solution to the client and interface with the client to understand their requirements. They hired a lady whose background was, guess what, a waitress. As a waitress, she comes in contact with clients all of her time, she cannot make mistakes on getting the requirements from the client and she has to deliver on those requirements and satisfy the customer by taking care of their requirements. Without that she will lose tips, which are major source of her income. With her passion in a client interfacing relationship, she has grown in the company and company has grown as well.





Don't loose ';Hope'; yet... All you need is passion and things will eventually start flowing your way.





If you are hopeless, this may show up in the interview in your body language without you knowing it, giving you a further set back. I know it is hard to get excited at times like this, talk to someone who creates a +ve energy around you, find a hobby or something that makes you happy and excited. No company would like to hire a downer or hopeless as you will be working in the team and you may bring the morale and enthu of the team down with you...


Best of Luck...Feeling hopeless again? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Could you stay on the job you have now, until you find what you want? My advice would be, to stay there, take a few months to get rested up, while earning a paycheck, then pursue your lifelong career. As tired, and worn out as you are now, you can't see the world realistically, so therefore it ALL looks bad. I personally think you have a touch of depression working as well, which intensifies the whole process. Talk to your Doctor about that. Good Luck!!
Try not to pressure yourself so much. I'm sure you will find a good job. It may not be as soon as you walk across the stage. The economy is in trouble right now, and alot of big companies are downsizing versus hiring. Take what job you can for now. You can only go UP from there!! Good Luck!!! Congrats on your Graduation!!
Have you tried applying on line? There are plenty of work related job sites like monster dot com or career builders, etc. Post your resume online and have employers search you! Don't let your parents or anyone pressue you. The job market out there is pretty tough and everyone should understand that! Good things comes to those who wait! Good luck!
Stop focusing on what you don't have and focus on what you do have and have earned....that diploma.
I'm in the same boat. You are smart and luck, don't worry. Because that is a true. Just keep trying, and don't worry.
Dont try so hard. I know its not easy and its so stressful but the write job will find you. Have faith my friend and I will pray for you. good luck
Jobs are hard to get right now but hang in there, the right one will come along. GOOD LUCK
Hi Hope,





Your parents and friends are right. You will find a good job but it all takes time...things happen for a reason.





I know 3 months seems like an eternity but it's not; do you have to leave your current employer in a few weeks or can you stay on?





In this economy, it's always easier %26amp; financially smarter to have a job while looking for a job (with money coming in) than have no job %26amp; no money.





I'm a firm believer in hand writing 'thank you'; cards to every person I interview with, and get them in the mail the same day as the interview. No email thank you (too informal or generic). Have you followed up with this approach %26amp; or a phone call? If you are just sitting back and waiting for the phone to ring, this will get you nowhere. To the employer you're not 'hungry' for the position for which you are applying for.





Stop feeling the pressures and relax otherwise it will show in your interviewing and come across as negative.





Good luck!
Unfortunately the economy is horrible! I know this is no consolation, but it is what it is. I don't know what field you are currently in or what your skill level is, but what might help is for you to try some temp services. In most cases they are able to keep you working and they pay weekly. This might also offer you the opportunity to be hired full time at a company where your assignment is.


Also, you might ask (if you haven't) your adviser at school. They sometimes have a listserve that companies use to get new graduates. Ask friends to keep their ears and eyes open for positions at the companies they work for.


The important thing is not to let your fear or depression paralyze you. You have to keep at it. Keep doing what you have been doing - interviews. I know it is easier said than done, but just DON'T GIVE UP!
See if you can work on your intreviewing skills. Perhaps see a career guidence counsellor, who will tell you where to seek help with your intreview skills.(I assume you are going to graduage from college and usually colleges have career guidence counsellors).





Apart from that, stay positive and relax. Do your best, but once you have done your best, simply let go! Its important to let go too, you know.





I am speaking from experience. I have been in situations such as yourself, where I am stuck in a rut and nothing is moving forward. But when I have come out out of it, I always thought te worrying wasn't worth it, because everything happens for the best.





Take care..
You aer feeling a bit lost and pressured because of the markers being used for determining success. I've ridden that pony, and there is no 'reward' for reaching some lofty perch of achievement. Success should be measured in small steps, and how those goals make you feel about yourself. When I shed the mantle of Corp. goals, I instantly felt better about my life %26amp; my family. Now, that doesn't mean my family supports this idea! Oh no! But I made a conscience decision to be happy in life regardless of career, status, or opinion. Getting a 'good job' is almost like romance. Its all about timing. Nuff said. More people get their feelings hurt than reach major goals.
basically your job now is finding a job. Talk to someone that works where you want to work. Ask friends, sisters, cousins, if they know anyone who is hiring. ALSO get some business cards with your name, number, degree and what your educational experience is and PASS them out. Go to offices with your resume and your business card and give it to them. Apply online and STILL go the place and hand deliver them a resume. ALSO, sign up with temporary agencies...trust me they work. You may think you are over qualified for them but they will get you some CASH until you find something else that you may like (at least you'll have money to go shopping). Look online, there are agencies ready to staff you with your qualifications and they specialize in staffing any and everyone. Some jobs require you to go through a temporary agency, (some hospitals, clinics, law firms). Look in the newspaper under classifieds, look online also at your local newspaper (ex. Dallas news.com) and they have job openings. Careerbuilder helps also.





Basically write now you don't want your eggs in one baskets. You should try marketing yourself to many companies and businesses as many as you can find; that way you won't be waiting for one interview, you'll be booked with 4 INTERVIEWS in a week (and then YOU get to choose where you want to be, not the company being like ';well we have one position left and it's been open for 8months'; if it's been open for 8months and not filled,,,there's a problem)





also, look online and see what ways you can freshen up your interviewing skills, what to ask in an interview and so on. Also, if you're not exactly sure if you would like the company you are applying to, call and set up an appointment where you can ';shadow'; them for a day. For instance, if you wanted to be a lawyer and didn't know which one, well call them up and make an appointment and tell them you want to shadow a family lawyer, or a criminal lawyer, or a civil lawyer (so you can compare to your personality).





Everyone has to start some where, just make sure whatever you decide that you start off strong. Give yourself some goals,,say ';By December, I want to be.......(in a house, with a company with benefits, married, packing to celebrate my career in New York)..





hope this helped
  • makeup hair
  • good makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment