Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Marketing/Sales companies? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I just posted my resume on career builder yesterday. I applied for many positions by using quick apply methods. Today, I got 6 interview phone calls for from different sale/marketing companies. They all said, the same thing, ';we have received yor resume and would like to set up face-to-face interview with you. Please bring your copy of resume and three references and dress professionally.';





I did not recall sumbit my resume with them. However, they claimed I did. Why is that? Please advice. Thank you.





I am going to the interviews anyway. My goal is to work for aNon-profit organization, but they hardly call me for interview. When I go to interview--they don't hire me. I am very stress and worried.





Thank youMarketing/Sales companies? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
by posting your resume, it is accessible by employers looking for people.





getting six interviews the first day is phenomenal success! obviously you have a nice resume and marketable skills. Maybe you need to polish your interview skills. Get interviewing tips from the job sites-careerbuiler, monster, yahoo jobs, etc. they all have articles on it. Here are a few tips (I interview lots of people)


1. it's ok to be nervous-it's expected, but keep your composure


2. act professionally, but not too ';stiff';-smile alot and try to let your personality show through. they are hiring people, not robots.


3. ask about the job, but not salary, benefits, etc. if they don't go over that at the interview, or if it's not clear, don't worry-you can get it cleared up when they make an offer, before you accept-people who seem too interested in what's in it for them are a turn-off.


4. if you want the job, say so-before you leave, say, something like I'm really interested in woking here. When do you think you'll be making a decision?


5. as far as non-profit work, get some more experience-it is the best way to get closer to where you want to be.





Best of luck!Marketing/Sales companies? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
It's most likely sales floors looking for more sales associates. I would probably expect to be told all about the company and how great it is, and how you can easily make six figures a year just like everyone else that works there. While some people do make that much money on tele-sales floors, most do not. Like me. Just my 2 cents
You may have to dance with the devil for a while. Get some money put away then start the job search over. Be careful not to go on commission. Thats how they get you to work for free.


Good luck.
by posting your resume on career builder it was sent to companies that have signed up w/career builder....
Hi, By the post you have sent, I say, be VERY careful %26amp; vigilant, (there's to many scams out there) because they might ask you to lay down money for there biz opportunity, if it does'nt cost you anything then you got nothing to lose it just time and effort, hold back trust your insincts, the saying is, (if it sounds to good to be true it propably is'nt) curiosity always kills the cat in my expeiriance. I would go to the meeting and see what they have to offer, i would also do a lot of research and be careful of there kindness and proffesional aproach, thats there way of tempting you, even though you probably don't want to hear it get advice from friends and family, read between the lines then make your own choice.





wish you the best in your decision





Kind Regards





Michael Papacharalambous.

No comments:

Post a Comment