Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I am lonely??? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

Well, I am a very friendly person by nature. I like to talk and make jokes.





I was born and raised in Thailand. I used to have a lot of friends in Thailand. My parents and friends are still back in Thailand. I am studying in U.S. since I was 17. In highschool, I did not speak very good English; therefore, I did not make a lot of friends.





In college, my Englsih is better, but I was very busy with school and work. I was working 40 hours per week. I was taking 18 credits every semester. I am 22 years old. I almost finish a Master Degree without any credit card debts or student loans. On the other hand, I did not date anybody or hang out with any of my friends. I never kiss a boy. I hardly go to clubs or bars.








I am a lonely girl :)





Anybody else lonely? Please advice. Thank you!I am lonely??? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
WE are ALL lonely, some daily, some rarely, and some...all the time.





Bars and clubs are NOT the place to meet people. It is simple...people that congregate in masses, to consume alcohol, and think they are aking friends are only fooling themselves.





Where do you live? What part of the world? What town?





What besides education interests you?


Art?


Gardening?


Poetry?


Cooking?


Photography?





Think of a couple things that you have a deep interest in,,,,,FUN THINGS, and then search out where these activities are.... Join clubs associated with your interests, and meet people thru them.





Post an ad, in personals....


or write back to everyone that answered your question, establish some long distance friendships too.I am lonely??? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Im lonely but I choose to be because I have the best fun by myself
I am sorry that u feel so lonely my friend, I understand what u feel like because I have been there many many times, I have a life that reads like some energetic action, thriller, drama and horror movie. I won't burden u with all the little details but what I do want to say is remember u can create the life u want. At any point in time u can stop, stand still, reasess your values and beliefs and go about manifesting the life u deserve. Think of our human experience as a board game. U just keep rolling the dice and find ur own road to fulfillment. In ur minds eye c the woman u wish u were and slowly she will emerge. U want friends, an active social life, romance etc just keep moving and making honest choices. Nobody can hold u back but urself, good luck, love and light..............
You poor smart, smart thing you! I work at home from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. I have a fiance but he works all day. When he comes home, he works too on our home business. So I often feel lonely. YOu need to get out and meet some people. Try meetup.com to find a local group that you can join, such as a photography group or something. Or sign up for local community classes that are fun (painting, learning to use cameras...) Volunteer for a local halloween event.... Good luck!
The first thing you need to do is decide what type of people interest you. Do you want people who have the same type of degree you are going to have or do you want a variety of friends. Once you have decided you need to start approaching classmates or people you work with. Invite them out for a cup of coffee or whatever you prefer to drink. Start small. Also at your college there should be any number of clubs and organizations you can join. Find one that you like and start attending.


Also chat rooms on the internet are a good place to make friends. If you need more advice just email me and we can talk.
It definitely seems like you made your education a priority here, and you should be proud of your achievements. However, a happy life needs a balance of work/school and friends. You need to shift some of your attention to social activities. Perhaps it's not too late to reconnect with old friends- try to get together for coffee to catch up. When you are out, let your personality shine- smile and make friendly comments to people your age. If you take the bus, or are waiting in line somewhere tell someone you love their scarf/coat/shoes and ask where did they got it. Joke about the terrible weather. You never know who you will meet! You can also try joining a club or group that interests you.





The main thing is that going out and doing things become a priority for you as much as doing your coursework was before.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment