Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Relationship and personality. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I met this guy four years ago. We have a very strong physical connection and amazing chemistry. Even though we separate. We still see each other present and long for each other everyday.





On the other hand, we have nothing in common. We both an egocentric person. It is hard for us to show the true feelings toward each other because of our pride. We have done poorly in the communicate areas.





Honestly, I am setting a very high standard for my mate. I want a very ambition, smart, mature, hard working, and conscientious, honest, and faithful man. (My father have proved such man does exist!)





I am 22. I work two jobs. I will finish my master in May. I have no debts. He is 24. He is still doing his undergrad. He is a college football player and got 3.9 GPA. However, I just don't think he is a man of my dream. He doesn't have as much as drive as I have.





Will this work? What do you think? Please advice. Thank you very much





Sorry English is my second language.Relationship and personality. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
You're so young to be thinking 'long-term' already. It's great to have someone in your life, but why use up that time on someone you're questioning? You've given us your list as to why it won't work, you've answered your own question. You're young, have fun, work hard and you'll be fine w/o him.Relationship and personality. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
The bottom line is are you happy with this person?


Look more for happiness then drive/GPA and education.


If you were stuck on an isolated island would you want to


be with this person?
he will change overtime.





Nobody is ';Perfect';
Sounds to me as if you have already made a decision.....he's not what you are looking for in a life time partnership. The perfect guy for you may be someone else's nightmare. We all have different standards as to what is important in a partner.





Your dad may be all those things you mentioned.....as a DAD. You aren't marrying a dad, you are marrying an equal to share your life. My dad was all those things too and my husband is nothing like my dad. That said, I have been married 31 years and we get along great.





Don't look for a life partner until you master your communication skills. Above all else that will get you through the rough spots in life. You may have goals but it's social skills that define a relationship.
I've been in a similar position and trust me, the relationship will just get harder if you have nothing in common.
i dont think it would work. it will bring up issues later n then ud b together so long ull be that couple that u hate
Comminication is very important but remember there is no perfect man and your dad is your dad ..noone can compare to him but if you dont get rid of your pride you may never find happiness. Does he make you happy? Learn to compromise!
You are both still very young, there's no need to get into a 'oh he's the one'.


You are both very different, not much in common except your enjoyment of sex.....If you stay with him you BOTH will have to learn to communicate effectively. Learn how to argue productively...


As women, we instinctively look for a man like our father---assuming that he was a good man. I don't know how many times I told my mama 'I'm gonna marry a man just like Daddy'.......took me awhile, but I did! He's honest, loving, trustworthy, fun, handyman, a beautiful soul, works hard.....And he's in the military, just like my daddy.





';Just don't buy into the fantasy of a ';dream'; guy because he doesn't exist. There is no such thing as a perfect person or perfect mate. We are all flawed in some way.';


I agree with the part of there's no perfect person, and we ALL are flawed in some way. I agree with that. What I don't agree with is that there isn't a perfect guy----of course there's a perfect guy for you OP. He just has to be perfect for YOU.





So it begs to ask: can you live with his faults? Cute or irritating faults? Can he live with yours?? Can you live and ACCEPT that he's not as driven as you are?


If he standards aren't the same as yours.....he may not be the guy for you. If not---turn him loose and don't invest any more time in this relationship.





Good luck hon.
It sounds like you two are great people. Why would it not work? There is nothing wrong with having standards either.





Just don't buy into the fantasy of a ';dream'; guy because he doesn't exist. There is no such thing as a perfect person or perfect mate. We are all flawed in some way.





But what I gather is that you don't want to be with this guy, otherwise you would not be questioning your relationship.





My advice would be to cool off the relationship for a while and date other people. You are very young to be thinking about settling down, and have alot of life ahead of you. If the two of you are meant to be, then it will happen. Why not take the risk and see what the world has in store for you? I get the feeling you appreciate him, but feel there could be someone else more compatible out there for you. Good luck!
This will only work if you both want and allow it to and are willing to work together to build a stronge foundation. Seek out the advise from marriage counselors to find out the best way, follow their advise and make it work.
First of all if your expectation is set so high that he cannot reach it you have set him up for failure through no fault of his own. If we turn it around and his expectation of you is one that you cannot reach how would you feel about that decision on his part because you weren't what he thought you could be.


When you put the shoes on the other pair of feet and walk awhile you might just find your answer that will work for you.
I've been in a relationship like this too. Opposites attract but it takes alot of commonality to stick together. You're too young to be worrying about this stuff anyway. Continue with your Masters and follow your dream. Not a dream guy.
You have described the beginning of a relationship. With the info given the only problem is social status. You feel that you might not be able to walk in the same circles. With a little grooming I bet this guy would make an excellent mate. Communication can be improved but you have to be willing to come down to his level. You may be surprised at how much you do have in common.


Give it a shot. You have a good start. You know all his faults.

No comments:

Post a Comment