Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Should I take the gift? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

Okay, I am only 23 years old, but I am working as an office manager for 3 months. I have accomplished a few things with our stakeholders such as finding them more customers etc. The stakeholders have gave ME various of things from cookies, gift certificates, to real cash.





Okay, they told me it is mine! Should I take those things?





P.S. A moment ago, I just wrote my boss an e-mail that some partners just gave ME some cash, but I don't know what do with the cash. You think what he will reponse! :)





Thank you.Should I take the gift? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
It depends on the nature of your Job.





First you have to check whether or not your company has a gift policy. Most companies do. These are to tell apart gifts from bribes.





Second, make sure it does not feel like a favor or makes you feel like you owe whoever gave it to you anything. If it feels that way, it could be a bribe.





It is a good thing that you told your boss about the gift to keep him in the picture. I'm guessing depending on the person who gave you the gift he'll tell you to keep it or give it back.





If you had to give it back, do it politely. Put it in an envelop and tell him ';I'm sorry, company policy says I can accept it but I appreciate the gesture.';





Good Luck on your career.Should I take the gift? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
I dont think if u except small things like cookies, or breakfast with them or a snax thats wrong. the possibility of offering cash gift i dont think it is exceptable in the management other than the salary allowance. it makes you to preffer the people who have gifted you . In the business world It wont happen as preffering the one and ignoring the another . If u except the cash it will bind u morally to take any action against them in the possible future.





and about your boss. He wont feel good even though he wont tell you to deny that offer coz , as you have asked his personal opinion about the issue , he wont suggest you to deny. But he doesnt like it as it may lead to moral bondings.....
check if there is a policy.





if there isn't, its fair game. and I think they deliberately did it in gift certificates and cash so as not to leave a trail and hurt either of you later.





If your going over and above your job duties or over and above what the last person did in your job, they are just showing you how much you are appreciated and to keep up the good work. What you should do, is try to refuse anything above a small, occasional gift and say, you know, I really appreciate the tokens of appreciation, but they aren't necessary all the time. But I would appreciate if you would write a letter of appreciation for my file.





Then you have something to show down the line for your hard work instead of the cash. Whether your looking for a raise or promotion within, or a reference for the future job. It will benefit you more later than a box of cookies or a small gift certificate.
I'm sure the company has a policy so follow the policy. Usually, gifts from stakeholders are not allowed (illegal if over a certain amount).





Seriously, find out the policy and follow it to the T.





You are wise to ask. You were also wise to email your boss about it. SMART GIRL!!!
In big business, they usually have a written policy on what is and what is not allowed as gifts. See if your company has this policy and abide by it.


Were I work, the limit is $50.00 but you are suppose to reciprocate. Receiving items like cookies, are irrelevant.
don't take anything over $50 in value, and never ever take cash. It is unethical and in most companies grounds for dismissal.
If you are helping the company then yeah you should take them but if they were just giving it to you just because then I wouldn't take it. Hope I helped... =]
ya get the gifts.


with the cash u can buy some stuff that u need.


never reject a gift.
yeah you take it and say thanks. then maybe when you see other people at your work doing something worth crediting, give them a little gift of your own
of coarse u should u earned it ^_^





and for the p.s:he'll probably go like


OMG! how did u do that!? lol ^_^
take it girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment