Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What should I tell my boss? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

Our organization went through some changes last year. My boss ended someone contract and promote me to do her job. One of a finance officer who much older than me does not like me so she always insulting me by asking questions:


1.) Do you think you can do the job?


2.) While the person was still there--she said, when you are gone--Maybe I will go too. She asked her what will you do now since you will be jobless. (She just said that to annoy me and starting a flight b/w me and former co-workers who was terminated).


Etc..





I decided to avoid her since she is not helpful and always insulting me. Moreover. she caught finance miss transfer my salary about 300 USD. I told the finance and she said, she will give the money (the rest of my salary) to me next month.





Well, people noticed the finance officer and I are not talking (not get along very well) so they told my boss who always in foreign country about the tension.





Yesterday, the finance officer and her assistant come to work late which they always do so I told them--they should let supervisor know if they will come to work late not just like coming late. We argued so one of employee reported to my boss about our argument.





Today my boss asked me and finance officers to have lunch with him to talk about situation. What should I do?What should I tell my boss? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
You should go.





You need to be upfront and honest about your feelings. Clearly, this woman is giving you problems for some underlying reason. It might be beneficial to figure out what is really bothering her, and then putting yourself in her shoes. After this, you may get a better understanding of why she's doing the things she's doing.





If I were you, I would do your job the way it's supposed to be done. If she comes in late - don't bother confronting her, unless it's your job. You need to do what you're position entitles, regardless of frustrations with her.





The more you try to expose your qualifications and abilities, the more annoying it will be to others in the work environment. Actions speak louder than words, and if you're doing what you're supposed to, then that's all that matters.





At lunch, explain to your boss what is frustrating you, and that you would like to figure out what you can do to reduce tension in the work environment. Explain that you're willing to compromise with this woman; however, she must be willing to make some changes.





Be professional and not whiny.








Best of luck =)What should I tell my boss? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
say yes, this isnt grade school where you get beat up by tattling it's the real world maybe she'll realize what she is doing and stop and but if she isnt mature and attacks u press charges.





She either might stop and realize


realize and continue


so then u ignore and then that'll piss her off


and occasionally just insult her back
Tell him the truth. Use facts, do not come off as trashing the other people involved. If you are not a trouble maker, do not act like one. Honesty is the key. He may not like what you are telling him, but if its the truth and you can prove it, he will have to respect you.
Do I detect that English is not your first language? I hope I can explain this in simple terms.





Describe your standards for your boss. Say ';this is the way that I feel my job must be done';, then give those details. Include your expectations that people should be polite and professional, should treat each other with respect. You expect people should arrive for work on time. If you feel that the finance officer does not do these things, then explain how the behavior (not the person) is causing tension in your office.

No comments:

Post a Comment