Sunday, August 22, 2010

Any advice on seeking the best divorce lawyer?

My husband of 8 years cheated on me. We have three kids and recently bought a house. He has stated the marriage is over even though I was willing to save it. Any tips on seeking out a good divorce lawyer so that I end up on top?Any advice on seeking the best divorce lawyer?
No bull. The guy with the full page ad in the yellow pages.Any advice on seeking the best divorce lawyer?
talk and research. I did a lot of research got a great lawyer and I won't have to work again until my kids are out of college.
Or the gal with the full page add!
First thing to do is consult every single top lawyer you can find, so your ex can't get them. It's a conflict of interest. That is number one, second when you've gone through all the good lawyers in town, make sure all your finances are in order, and don't give him any reasons to have something against you in court.
Sure you want to open that can of worms? Divorce is the worst thing that can happen in your life. I'd rather my wife cheat on me then get a divorce. It costs a boat load of money and takes like 3 years to be finalized. Plus it's gonna mess up your kids. You want to be a real adult, stay married.

No comments:

Post a Comment