Thursday, August 19, 2010

Taking life for granted. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I am a recent graduate. I earned a Master's Degree at age 22, but I cannot find jobs that up to my expectation because I am young, lack of experiences, and not a native English speaker.





I am thinking of returning to my home country. All my high school friends just graduated in March, but they just earned their BA degrees. Some friends also have jobs, but many don't have jobs yet.





I love my friends. After many years in the US, I have lost touch with them. They are still asking their parents for money, going to party, and don't worry about job. On the other hand, I am extremely stress about my life. I want to get a good/high pay job so I can support my parents. Since I spent much more money to study in the US. I need to get pay at least 3X times compare to my friends according to my degrees (The Master).


I am really tired. I think I am accomplishing alot for my age, but somehow myself and others expected more from me. It causes so much stress. Please advice. Thank you.Taking life for granted. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Congratulations on your accomplishment.





You seem very mature for 22; getting a graduate degree, supporting your parents, ...





I will tell you that you need to stop putting so much pressure on yourself.





As a professional coach, business owner and depression sufferer, I can tell you that the stress is bad. It wears down your body and causes imbalances in your brain chemicals. Prolonged stress can lead to depression. It did in my case; severe depression.





I've begun exercising regularly, I gave up caffeine, sugar and alcohol and I meditate daily. I'm working on developing a positive frame of mind and a connection to God/the Universal Spirit/... It really made a difference.





As for finding a job, you seem very driven but you are young and have a limited amount of experience. You might have to relax your salary expectations while you build your experience. You can always get a better-paying job in a couple of years when you have more experience. Once on a job, a good work ethic, attention to detail, and a positive attitude will open up opportunities for you.





Prove you can do the job before you get the job.





If it's a possibility (I'm not sure of your field), consulting may fast track your experience and it's more lucrative. Tripling your pay might be a problem though.





Good luck with everything. Keep a positive attitude, be grateful for all you've accomplished and you'll do well.Taking life for granted. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
The great thing about the US is it pays people alot more than most other countries, The crappy thing about the US is it cost more to live here than in other countries.


It is really up to you to decide which country will offer the most opportunity.
just get a decent job. over time you will earn better pay and find a better job. keep a positive attitude because that will help you advance more quickly. it is going to take a little time so try not to be so hard on yourself. good luck.
Well, first, you need to get a job that pays the bills, so you can continue living in the U.S., where you can get your salary expectations. Even if you're overqualified for that job, just deal with it and do your best effort...In the meantime, keep looking for a better-paid job that's both comfortable and challenging, where you'll feel excited about your achievements and developing your career...Most people get good jobs, or even their dream jobs, WHILE they're working at a place they don't really like...


Just keep going, you're living like an adult. That's life. Missing your friends won't help your parents and it won't help you...Your friends are still living like children, you're not.


You should be proud of yourself and move on. Parties will always exist. Your true friends will always be there for you, and they'll understand and love you even with a huge distance and a long time in between. Once you get the kind of job you need, you can save money to go visit them, or be a fun host if they go visit you. Or, if you intend to go back to your country, think about the chances you'd have for earning what you need to live happily.
As you pointed out you are 22. That is young yet for settling down into the forever career. I think its wonderful that you want to support your parents, but are they in need of that support yet or is that somewhere down the road? Do you want to live here or go back home? You need to decide that before you make any real job commitments, don't you? If you can support yourself here I would take a job as less than what I wanted or perhaps in an area that isn't exactly what you wanted and just get some job experience. Some people just look at degrees as a plus, they aren't always picky about what the degree was in. Not being a native speaker can limit you somewhat but since you are bilingual can that help you get a job? Do any companies from your home country have offices here? I would give myself some time if I were you to see if you become inspired. Things often happen when you are focusing on something else! Good luck, I think that you have done so well so far turning your dreams into realities that you will be able to make the right decision about the next step in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment