Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Please help with this sentence? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

English is my second language.





I am an Asian. Last year my story and picture were chosen to be in the Bowie State University (History Black College/University) viewbook and website and as ';Hero Story'; because of my academic background. I would like to put this on my resume, but I am not sure how to say it..





Here is what I want to say what do you think..








Featured in the Bowie State University (HBCU) viewbook and website in “Spotlight” section.








P.S. I don't want to say ';Hero'; because of the race differences. On the website called it as ';Spotlight';Please help with this sentence? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Hope - don't change it at all.


It's perfect the way it is.Please help with this sentence? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Due to my academic achievements, I was featured in the ';Spotlight'; section of the Bowie State University (HBCU) view book and website.
The sentence structure is fine. I would suggest including the link to the site as you would with any web-based reference.
Featured in the Bowie State University (HBCU) viewbook and website, in ';Spotlight'; section for my academic achievement.








I think you had everything fine, but I would add the academic achievement so that they know why you were in the ';spotlight';....nice and congrats! :)
I wrote an article and it was chosen to be in the Bowie State University viewbook and website. Article enclosed or can be viewed at...... blah blah. or if interested I can produce the article for your pursual.
well just don't call it spotlight. it's actualy better to say hero that is a million times better than spotlight.
You said it. Featured....... That's fine. Not too condescending.
Here is the way I would put it on my Resume


';Wrote an Article that was featured in Bowie State University';


Don't go with website, Stoplight section and all that...


In your interview all that can be talked about...


So good luck in your job hunting...
I see no reason you can't put ';Hero';, and there should be no differentiation based on race. Try this:





Featured 'Hero Story' was written and published in the Bowie State University (HBCU) viewbook and website in “Spotlight” section.
Yes thats perfect definlty say that.
i think what you have there sounds good! Great idea not putting in hero! Spotlight does sound better! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment