Tuesday, August 24, 2010

To the true Christians out there, what is the best advice for crippling anxiety/worry?

I am a Christian, although I have always struggled with my faith. I recently made some major lifestyle changes, in hopes of having a better life then the one I was living (drugs,drug dealer boyfriend etc etc.Things have been going much better, but lately there has been some things happening in my workplace.








I enjoy my job very much, but lately the stressors at work are completely overwhelming for me. I made some errors and also have a conflict with a co worker (he has been taking advantage of me and I finally said enough is enough so we are having a meeting with our supervisor) I am sooo anxious about will transpire in my workplace. I have very low self esteem, and everytime there is something negative to deal with in my life (especially work) I run away instead of facing things.I feel overwhelmed and unable to cope.I analysis and obsess over everything, imagining worse possible outcomes.





This behaviour pattern of mine has led me to move from one job to the next to avoid feeling the uncomfortable pain associated with conflict and/or rejection. It has even made me apologize to people and try and smooth things over (even when i feel I'm right) just so they still ';like me'; and I don't feel shunned or disliked.





Anyone have this struggle? Reccommend any good Bible versus? What should do?? I am in tears....I just hate living like this and can't fathom living this way for the rest of my life.To the true Christians out there, what is the best advice for crippling anxiety/worry?
Matthew 11:28-30


Philippines 4:6-8


i have struggled with severe depression, and anxiety, please understand when Jehovah says ';do not be anxious over any thing'; he still takes into account when we may have something like anxiety, or obsessing, and knows what the whole deal is. its a scripture to keep in mind , memorize it, when you face your fears, you might (i have) experience the peace of god that ex cells all thoughts


i have dealt with depression all my life, the truth saved my life literally. i have prayed and prayed for some relief, i do not blame jehovah for not removing the boulder that crushes me. how ever ,i have come to terms that it will be a thorn in my side most likely until the end of this system.


Jehovah uses me as a broken vessel,


im not saying to continue on the way you are now, you may need medical help. i cant recommend that to you, only you and jehovah knows (he knows more than you!) what is happening.


i haven't even been able to struggle , but i pray soon to have these dry bones revived.


keep in mind these things our brothers and sisters are suffering all over the world. and we are all praying for each other.


one more scripture that is simple that jehovah gave to me is


Nenemiah 4:14 says in part (from daily txt)


DO NOT BE AFRAID... JEHOVAH THE GREAT AND FEAR INSPIRING ONE... KEEP IN YOUR MIND


at the time i felt, i could not bear strong counsel, i was going to read the bible, but it was so heavy and big, so i picked up the days text and that was the scripture! so i know jehovah provides, even when we might feel we are doing all we can, like being courageous and things like that.


KEEP ON PRAYING it will be heard, keep on asking it will be given, keep on knocking and it will be opened.


go to the psalms... david prayed, and begged over and over!!!To the true Christians out there, what is the best advice for crippling anxiety/worry?
You should first talk to your doctor who can help you calm down while you deal with these issues. As you deal with the issues, you will gradually gain more self confidence but you need to talk to a professional first.
Xanex and yes I'm a Christian, but anxiety when it takes over is not a pleasant place to be.





Talk to the doctor if it is really crippling anxiety and worry.





Best of Luck!!!





Carrie =)
A prayer can often calm the nerves and sharpen your wits in an uneasy moment
Pray for guidance.
Go see your doctor, he can help. Remember God says we are not to worry, when we worry we sin. To worry about things we cannot change is just a waist of our time. Please, you cannot change things that are out of your control. You can change things that are in your control. I have been sick for 4 years now, there are some things that I could change but most of it I could not. Please go see your Doctor, I did and it helped. I no longer obsess over things I cannot change.
You are not alone and Jehovah God knows how you feel. He is a compassionate God and He does care for you. He had several things written in His book about how He feels toward people in your situation.


Look at Psalms 51:17...This says that He does not despise a person that is feeling down but rather considers your distress as a sacrifice to Him


Psalms55:22 tells us that we need to pray to Jehovah, asking Him for strength and then He will help us.


I Peter 5:6,7 also confirms this, that we need to rely on Jehovah for help, and He does care for us


Just remember that there are a lot of people that care for you and will help you when you need it, the most important one of those is Almighty God Himself...Pray to Him and ask for strength...
Hello Amy!





I'm sorry for what you've experienced. One greatest thing is you can avoid the drug things in your life. That's quite difficult to be honest.





Now, you're expanding to a braver experience. You should work and in the world of work there are so many kinds of people, good and bad. Please make sure that what you are trying to achieve is a good one and can make the company grows. If you have, then you have to struggle for it. Tell your supervisor and boss (if you have the case to meet) about your insight, ideas about how to make things better. Do not force-just consistently try to promote your thought. If they don't follow and at the end or someday they find your ideas are better they will remember you as the person who has tried the best.





Keep faith. God loves you!
God is the cure, but faith is the first step. Faith, by definition, is believing beyond the shadow of a doubt that God WILL help you with your problem, no matter what it is. There is a huge difference between thinking He can and knowing He WILL. Just praying while thinking, ';Well, God, I THINK you can help me with this,'; or '; I hope you can,'; is not the same as thinking, ';I just prayed, so this problem WILL be taken care of, and I have no need to worry.'; And then immediately following that, you breathe a sigh of relief, and forget that problem ever existed. If you find yourself praying over and over about the same problem, you have proven to both God and yourself that you're not sure if it got answered the first time. This is where the doubt comes in. Don't allow it to. Just trust in God with every problem, and envision each one as though you are jumping off of a bridge, and God has to catch you. Don't be hesitant, just leap off, and wait for the loving hands of God to be there before you reach the ground. I will pray for you myself. God bless.
I'd recommend praying the rosary for peace in your heart:





http://www.medjugorje.org/rosary.htm





The fifteen promises of Mary to Christians who recite the rosary:


1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.


2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.


3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against Hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.


4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.


5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.


6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God and become worthy of eternal life.


7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.


8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death, they shall participate in the merits of the saints in Paradise.


9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.


10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.


11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.


12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.


13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.


14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only Son, Jesus Christ.


15. Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.





Our Lady has 117 titles. She selected this title at Fatima: ';I am the Lady of the Rosary.';





St. Francis de Sales said the greatest method of praying IS- Pray the Rosary.





St. Thomas Aquinas preached 40 straight days in Rome, Italy on just the Hail Mary.





St. John Vianney, patron of priests, was seldom seen without a rosary in his hand.





';The rosary is the scourge of the devil'; -- Pope Adrian VI





';The rosary is a treasure of graces'; -- Pope Paul V





Padre Pio, the stigmatic priest, said: ';The Rosary is THE WEAPON';





Pope Leo XIII wrote 9 encyclicals on the rosary.





Pope John XXIII spoke 38 times about Our Lady and the Rosary. He prayed 15 decades daily.





St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort wrote: ';The rosary is the most powerful weapon to touch the Heart of Jesus, Our Redeemer, who so loves His Mother.';





Pope Pius XII: “There is no surer means of calling down God’s blessings upon the family…than the daily recitation of the Rosary.”





Pope Pius XII: “The Rosary is the compendium of the entire Gospel.”





God bless!


Dave
prayer. worship music, like somebody else said, is often calming and helps generate confidence in god. go to the adoration chapel, if there is one near you. it's nice to sit in silence with god. try to live in the moment and don't OBSESS over the future. it's unhealthy. yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; today is a gift. that's why it's called the present!! :)


-remember, the bible says to give thanks in ALL circumstances, not only the good.
im having a really rough time with school and home life. recent relatinoship breakoffs and everything has been really rough for me. im sorry that you are going through this and i know God is smiling down that you have made those changes in your life and im glad you have. ill pray for you to have stregnth.





but what i do when im having a really bad day is maybe go to an extra service in church. or usually what i do is i get some of my favorite worship music (god of this city, indescribable, how great is our god,we fall down, here i am to worship) and just listen to that in my dark room and just pray and praise god. take my mind off of everythign and focus on just God and what he did. even just running through what jesus' life may have been like. all of the things in the bible. the crusifiction, the miracles, the temptations in the desert, all of those things.





i end up feeling alot better about myself and much more clearheaded about things that im goign to be doing and things i should do. good luck and God bless
';Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.'; - Matthew 11:28-30








In our lives there are always times that come to us when we are fed up and feel the weight of the world on our shoulders. We feel that everything is going wrong and things get so bad that you cannot see any light at the end of the dark tunnel. We become weary and burdened, and at this time it is easy to feel miserable.





However, what did Christ tell us? What words must we turn to in these times? Jesus tells us that He will give us rest - this is His promise to us. But what must we do to allow this promise to come true? We must come to Jesus!





Jesus Christ tells us to come to Him. What does this mean? We must know Christ and accept Him as our saviour.





Jesus tells us that He is gentle and has a humble in heart, and in his heart we will be able to find rest for our souls.





You really have to give your problems to Jesus, in other words let go and give them to Him to handle. Or as they say ';let go and let God.'; If you are still worrying after doing this, then you really haven't given your problems to God after all. Try again, give it all to God...like the Carrie Underwood song, let Jesus take the wheel...give Him the authority to run your life. Just ask him in, and let go, and let Him.





...God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment