Sunday, August 22, 2010

I HATE MY JOB? 10 Points for the best advice.?

I am 24 years old. I am an office manager for this small office of 10 employees for over a year. My job is to take care of everything in the office, inventories, supplies, correspondence, files, refreshment. I also manage 2 staff houses. I am responsible for all HR related matters. I am coordinating with finance on paying all the bills for stuff houses and office. We have 7 expats and am handling of their visa and travel schedules. I am contacting all vendors and hosting office guests. I am organizing workshops and handling a project. I am also a receptionist and answering the office phone. I successfully designed office manual and security guideline.





I recently hate my job for various reasons such as politics, unprofessional, and too much workload for me. I have 4 different bosses in the past year. The newest boss is the stupid person. She asked to do everything, but she does not even understand the work.





P.S. I earned Master's Degree and am now doing Ph.D. I constantly believe that I am deserved to be treat better with my education and talents. Although, I am young and inexperience.I HATE MY JOB? 10 Points for the best advice.?
Having once been an office manager myself, I know that it's a really hard job that doesn't get much respect. People have no idea how much you're handling. You're constantly task switching and trying to keep from going crazy. I commend you for doing such an awesome job.





My suggestion is that you should leave, but first you have to figure out why you've held on to this job for so long. Maybe you're staying because it's familiar or you're afraid to upset your co-workers. Don't worry about them, they will move on once you leave. And it's possible that they'll replace you with someone who's not that good, but that's not your problem. Take care of yourself.





I have a feeling that you like to handle multiple tasks and enjoy taking responsibility for independent projects. You can transfer those interests to another more rewarding and enjoyable career. But you have to get clear about what it is that you really want first.





Your current office position has served it's purpose and now it's time for you to move on. You've outgrown it and the people that you work with. Go some place that is deserving of your talents, compassion, and dedication.





Before you resign, again take time to figure out what you really want to do. Perhaps you're ready for a management or consulting job in whatever field you want to be in. Or maybe you can start a part-time business while working at another job. Either way, it's time leave that place for more meaningful work.





Don't be afraid to leave this job. Just roll up your sleeves, start brainstorming ideas, ignore your fears, and go forward. It'll be scary in the beginning, but it's well worth the effort and things will work out. I left my job earlier this year and have not looked back. My life has improved 300%. It was well worth it. I love getting up in the morning and starting my day.





Here's a great book for you to read if you're not sure how to get started on your journey:





';I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was: How to Discover What You Really Want and How to Get It'; by Barbara Sher (the link is below)





Good luck with your new and exciting career!





- JenniferI HATE MY JOB? 10 Points for the best advice.?
If you posess a degree - or any alternative qualification - then you'll already be in front of of the bunch when it comes to looking for careers. My friend has a degree and he wasn't certain what direction to go with it, but he found some great guidance on the website in the resource box below which aided him to decide that he wanted to be a lab assistant. There is plenty of help on the website regarding alternative careers.
Simple, Quit ! you only live once so why should you spend it doing something thats not your passion?


Seriously travel a bit find what you really want to do !

No comments:

Post a Comment