Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Me and my Best Friend are going to Europe in 09- Any advice?

We are looking for lists from any one with an experience in regards to this.





Lists for Clothing required


Best Places to go


Places not to bother with


Things to look out for (shops, dodgy deals)





Anything you think that would make our trip easy :):)





Me and my Best Friend are going to Europe in 09- Any advice?
Go to the next bookstore or your local library and check out their travel section. Get one for Europe out of the following series: Let's Go, Lonely Planet, Rough Guide or Rick Steves.





This will tell you all you need to know. Considering that the LP Western Europe is the size and the weight of a small baby hippo I have no desire to write it all down here.





As for clothes, temps will be in the range of 15 C with wind and rain and 35 C with unrelenting sunshine. Pack accordingly. You can find good packing lists here:





http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/wome鈥?/a>


http://www.travelite.org/category/packin鈥?/a>





I like to travel with 3-5 sets of clothing, ie 3 bottoms plus the one I am wearing and 4 tops plus the one I am wearing. Bottoms can be skirt, shorts, jeans, lightweight pants and I like to mix and match. Tops should equally be in the range of shoulder free strappy top to long-sleeved sweatshirt.Me and my Best Friend are going to Europe in 09- Any advice?
when are you going? i was in prague recently and loved it! i would recommend good walking shoes (sneakers) especially if you are traveling somewhere with cobblestone streets! also, if you are staying in a hotel, most of them have laundry facilities. this can help you limit your packing. hope this helps some.
I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I am going backpacking through Europe in 2010. If you look up backpacking through europe (even though you may not be) It gives you great stuff to bring and places to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment