Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Should I sell my car? 10 points to the best advice!?

I am a college student who is currently paying $200 dollars a month on car insurance. I am getting ready to move out on my own and it is going to get really tight on money and that money would help. So I hate my car and I hate driving it, its a 2004 Dodge Neon, I am about 6 months into having it and it is already starting to cost me an arm and a leg in repairs, not to mention that somone hit it in a parking lot ( they took off the drivers side mirrior and took a good bit of paint off the door. I live in Tucson, Az a big commuter city which means I would need to get around town. But I was thinking a moped, don't laugh. So I need some advice, should I sell it? How much would I get and how much would a moped cost me? Insurance and all. I hate driving but I don't want to regret selling the car two years from now. (If it will even last that long) What do you think? Advice? Personal experience. I am young and stupid so I don't want to make a mistake. Please help.





Thank youShould I sell my car? 10 points to the best advice!?
I would say dump it. Neon's can be money pits. Here, you can see all the Technical service bulletins that have been issued for the 04 Neon.





http://www.allworldauto.com/tsbs/2004_do鈥?/a>





If you haven't fixed these problems yet, you most likely will shortly. Dealerships wont cover these most times.





As far as recalls go, there hasn't been a whole lot of them. You can see the recalls here


http://www.allworldauto.com/recalls/2004鈥?/a>





If nothing else, if the car is payed off, you can get the basic insurance without full coverage. That would save you some money. A car can be helpful, and the time you need it most, will be right after you get rid of it. Good luck in your decision.Should I sell my car? 10 points to the best advice!?
DUMP IT. JUST REMEMBER IT HETS COLD IN TUSCON AND YOU WILL STILL NEED INSURANCE ON A SCOOTER.
Id say get rid of it, seriously id rather walk then driving a Neon or a GeoMetro..


That's just me thg. Not trying to offend anyone in here..
only you can make that decision
here's my suggestion:





sell the neon and expect to get about 6-9k depending on the condition it is in right now. try not to go to dealers as they will haggle the price down. if you can, sell it yourself.





now let's say you got 7K for your car, why not get a cheap old honda like a 1993 accord or civic for about 3K or less? sure they are boxy and not as stylish but they have the notorious honda reliability and good, pampered ones last forever. if you find a solid used example, it will break down less than your neon, if it ever does. the key here is buying a good used example. another plus to buying an older car is it will most likely be cheaper to insure.





mopeds are okay but do you really want to be rolling around in one? especially in college? for two years? what if it rains? what if its hot? what if you have a date? and i don't think they're safer than cars either....just a thought
sell it a moped costs somewhere around $2000
  • makeup tips
  • cream tones
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment