Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Did I lose my chance? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I had an interview on Wednesday for an Administrative Assistant to the President position. She seems to like me. She asked for my references. I gave them to her, but I informed her that my ferences may not available because they are on summer vacation (college professors). She looked upset and told me she will interview more candidates and contact me later. Next day, I went to her office again and gave her 3 letters of recommedation and a Thank you letter. She met with me in person and got the letters.





I just saw they have extended their dateline of job application from June 30 to July 7. (It has happened to me before with another employers and they did not hire me--I was crushed)





***


I am over qualified for this job. I have Master's degree. I am only 22 years old and speak English with an accent. I have been applied for many jobs in the past months and nothing. I just want to have any jobs. I am depressed and sad.Did I lose my chance? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Don't be discouraged.





Unfortunately, many people have their own unique likes %26amp; dislikes, and its possible that she decided, for whatever reason, to extend the job application deadline.





However, I do agree with you that it is not good when that happens, and I would say it's now unlikely that you are being considered.





Very likely its the Master's degree. Perhaps you may want to leave it out the next time you apply for a ';lower'; position. I have the same problem, and I leave out my highest degree from my resume when I am applying for jobs which do not require it.





Perhaps, as another poster suggested, try and do better on your grammar and writing. An AA needs to write well.Did I lose my chance? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
hey hun...


no she shouldnt be upset when you told her that ...and i dont know... search more and ask more and i hope u will find the job you need...


and by the way you have to improve your english as you have many grammer mistakes up there...';with all my respect';


good luck :)
well this is just life. stuff like this will always happen.


you shouldn't just give up! If you have a master's degree, and you just said you're over qualified for that job, then find a better one.





im sure you will.





good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment