Sunday, August 22, 2010

What should I do? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

My boss/co-workers are mostly expats. They are living together in staff house, but they always ask me to hang out with them on the weekend. I am a local staff--I want to spend time relax at home or with my local friends and more importantly I cannot afford to spend/waste money and time because my co-wokers like to go to expensive restuarants and night club (They 3X more salary than I am and get free house and travel allowance)





Every monday my boss/co-workers always ask me what do I do on the weekend since I am not hang out with them.





What should I do I feel unconformtable. But I don't like to hang out with them.What should I do? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Hi! I would try to meet this situation halfway. Instead of having dinner and going out at night, go to lunch with them. Often times you can get lunch specials, this would help to conserve cash!





I encourage going to a movie with them! If they want to go for a drink after, but you feel uncomfortable going home alone in the dark, ask someone if they would follow you home.





As for your weekends...they are yours! Just tell them what you're doing. Be honest.





Really try to meet them halfway. During these times, you should be thankful to have a job every day. Doing things with your co-workers and boss can help keep your position yours. I know its a lot, but in these times... Weigh the pros and cons!





~SakiWhat should I do? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
I don't think you should be offended or feel uncomfortable if some one asks you about the last weekend.. It's common for people to ask each other abt the weekend when the meet on Monday.. :)





And if you don't wanna hang out with your ';expat'; colleague, just be yourself and tell deny the offer with a smile :)





Cheer up girl !!~~
Just explain to your co-workers that you don't get paid at the same level as them. Tell them that your salary has to go towards the cost of the house and food for you and your family.


This will stop them asking or even maybe get you a raise in your wages.


Ive just come back from China. Tell them that you can have just as good a time if you eat and play were the locals do. At a lot less money.
Always be cheerful with your answers .. but when you don't want to go .. ';always'; be busy with what you are doing .. or with other plans.





Don't let it get to you .. just keep your personal life separated from your business life .. if that's what you want.





You don't have to tell what you do when you are not at work .. it's none of their business. Just tell them something else takes up all of your time when you are not at work .. something personal.
you say with a smile








'; i would be delighted to spend my time and money with my coworkers if i had more of it. I don't suppose a pay-raise and expense account is on the cards is it? ';
The best advice say what you feel inside and without looking or being greedy or stingy. You sound like a hard working girl.
The first one above got it straight, I like it too.





';Alright! You pay, I go.'; and grin, look at them funnily.





';My wallet's empty. Hahahaha.'; and turn away smiling.





';Sorry, my money gone charity.'; do a little body language.





';My mother said, don't spend so much, you think you got the same pay like your stupid boss? Hahahahaha, sorry boss, my mom always funny and sarcastic.';





If you won't go tire with lots of reasons, try these, lets see whether they will find you interesting, or eventually give up. Just do it with style.





-Tell them you have to write to me, a great hearty scholar. I can respond to you for that, I am your new e penpal.





-Tell them you have lots of friends waiting on Yahoo or MSN or what.





-Tell them you watch TV with your family.





-Tell them you have to go somewhere. Really go, don't let them find out you are lying.





-Tell them you have some business like take care of old people.





-Tell them you have to go temple or anything to do service.





-Tell them you are writing books.





- Tell them you are singing like Linkin Park at home, you got a guitar?
Well first of all, I think they are being very kind in including you in all their plans. They all live together and are friends and it is nice that they want to include you too.





Now I assume that they don't have any other friends or family where you live which is why they all hang out together, but since you are from there, you obviously do. I would be honest to a point with them. Explain that you have plans with family or friends etc or that you just don't have the money. I would accept their invitations every now and then to be polite. But don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. Good luck.
  • moisturizing cream
  • north face book bags
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment